- Super heavy duty Pneumatic / gas cylinder pneumatic lift for office chair height adjustment
- 3” stroke (seat travel from lowest to highest settings)
- Gas spring diameter is 1.1” with thicker walls
- Column diameter is 2” with a beefed up bushing. Powder coated black
- Typically installed on chairs rated for 500 lbs
- Overall dimension when fully compressed: 9 1/8”. fully extended: 12 1/8”
- Both ends of cylinder have industry standard 17-4 taper and will replace standard gas cylinders
- Under base extension 1.5”
- Cylinder shipped completely assembled ready for use
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Several years ago, I bought a very comfortable, heavy-duty Serta chair for my computer desk, but lately the seat would slowly sink down every 10 minutes or so. Needlessly to say this was driving me crazy. I didn't want to spend $300+ on a new chair, so I decided to try replacing the gas cylinder. Of course, the manual that came with the chair was no help, (it only said part #10 was a gas cylinder), so I had no idea what size/model/type to get. After several Google searches I found "echairparts.com". The representative was fantastic. He was VERY knowledgeable and somehow (?) knew exactly what part I needed. The part arrived in 2 days (with free shipping) as he said. It was easy to install (once I beat the living daylights out of the chair trying to remove the old gas cylinder). It fit my favorite chair perfectly and saved me from spending all that money on a new chair.
This part replaced the "heavy duty" chair lift that came on a big and tall executive chair. The original would sink when sat in, even for those under the weight limit (350 lbs), but this one stopped that altogether for everyone. It was easy to install (once the difficult-to-remove old lift was removed from the chair . . . WD-40 spray and soak for a few hours finally worked), and fits and functions perfectly in the exact range of the prior unit, but without sinking.