- Typically installed on chairs rated up to 350 lb.
- 8” stroke (seat travel from lowest to highest settings)
- Gas spring diameter 1.1”
- Support column is 2" in diameter
- Length when fully compressed: 14”. Fully extended: 22”
- Industry standard 17-4 taper
- Under base extension: 1.5"
- Class 4 with 400n (standard cylinders are class 3 with 300n)
- Exceeds BIFMA standards
- Cylinder shipped completely assembled ready for use
- This heavy duty pneumatic gas cylinder is typically installed on mid height drafting chairs
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Arrived quickly. Bit nerve-wracking beating on my current chair to dislodge the old one, and I had to find third-party instructions on the process, but overall quite easy. Absolutely solid.
i needed to add height to new office chairs and the GC-8 Drafting Stool Parts Heavy Duty Replacement Pneumatic Gas Cylinder 8" Stroke fit perfectly and is very sturdy, very easy to install
This was great for fixing my sinking chair and, at the same time, raising it up to better suit my home office space. I had a short chair and a tall office counter. I used this product to fix both! Easy fix! I used a pipe wrench to remove the old one from the bracket on the seat bottom. Pounding does not work. A hammer took care of removing the bottom end with the casters. Beats buying a new chair!!
This is exactly what we were looking for. Instead of replacing our chair, this is great, I am sitting in the chair now and it actually gives a bit when I sit down and recovers- really nice- great product and a bit higher- we are taller people
Needed a new gas cylinder for our office chair and after some research selected echairparts.com. Was unsure exactly which part I needed, emailed the customer service rep and received a prompt reply to all my technical questions that I needed to make an informed purchase. The part arrived in 2 days and was an exact fit and replacement!! This company has become our go-to vendor for all our parts. Their tech support service is outstanding!